This TLP has covered the following topics:
- The mathematical description of the atomic structure of a crystal.
- The different lattice types.
- What a lattice vector, unit cell & motif are and how they are relevant to describing crystals.
- Close packing and the packing efficiency of a crystal structure.
- What symmetry operators are present within a crystallographic lattice and how only specific combinations of such symmetry elements may exist.
- Bravais lattice and Point Groups.
- How to construct the plan view of a 2×2 unit cell.
Please follow this link if you would like to provide a short review for this TLP
previous | next