- Tensors can be used in a wide variety of Material Science fields, including but not limited to stress and strain, temperature and entropy, electricity and magnetism.
- A tensor is a set of coefficients which transform from one basis to another according to the transformation law: Tijk...' = rimrjnrko...Tmno...
- The representation surface of a second rank symmetric tensor is an ellipsoid constructed from the equation: Tijxixj = 1.
- The principal values, λ, of a tensor can be found by solving the equation |T − λI| = 0 and the principal axes by finding the vector such that (T − λI) x= 0.
- We can impose conditions on the components of matter tensors as they must adhere to the symmetry of the crystal class.
Please follow this link if you would like to provide a short review for this TLP
previous | next