We ask all contributors:
- to ensure that any videos and metadata they contribute are 'theirs to give' and do not breach someone else's copyright;
The following guidelines should be followed when contributing videos and metadata to the Library:
- Videos should be well focused.
- Videos should be 720 x 576 or 384 x 288 and supplied at the highest quality.
- We prefer AVI (mpeg4 codec) or Quicktime (.mov, Sorensen codec).
- It is essential to supply metadata for each video. Although many fields are optional, we ask that you complete as many as possible (where appropriate). This improves searching for specific items in the Library, and reduces the likelihood of videos being misinterpreted. We prefer that metadata is supplied by entering it into the Excel spreadsheet we provide.
Please note that DoITPoMS reserves the following rights:
- To not include videos and metadata that do not meet the requirements described above.
- To not include videos that effectively duplicate those already in the Library. Contact us first if you would like to check this before contributing.
- To modify videos where necessary by cropping or resizing.
- To edit metadata for length and style to meet the requirements of the Library.
Videos and metadata can be sent to us on a CD-Rom or DVD at:
Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy
University of Cambridge
Please contact us if you would like to contribute videos to the Library, or would like any more information about how to do so.