Micrograph 845 and full record
- Micrograph no
- Brief description
- Microstructure of extruded tube in Magnesium alloy AZ91 in direction perpendicular to the direction of extrusion.
- aluminium , magnesium, zinc
- Metal or alloy
- Mg, Al 9.2, Zn 0.8 (wt %)
- Standard codes
- Most commercially used Mg-based alloy, characterised by good mechanical properties and resistance to corrosion.
- Sample preparation
- Ground and polished automatically. Etched with Kroll's reagent (immersed for 10-15s) then rinsed with water and dried with compressed air.
- Optical microscope, reflected light
- Length bar
- 50 μm
- Further information
- Microstructure showing regular grains with uniformly distributed precipitates of intermetallic phase Mg17Al12.
- J Adamowski
- Department of Production Engineering, Thermoenergetics and Mathematical Models, University of Genoa, Italy
- Licence for re-use
- Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales
- Related micrographs
View image alone .. in a new window
Help is available on downloading images